Sunday, March 8, 2009

Doors


After searching the city of Rochester for something a little fancier than plain glass, I ended up at my regular supplier for plain glass. There's a sort of "glass mafia" out there. More on that in another post. So I picked up the glass on Friday, and got it installed in the doors that evening. I use a brown colored, rubber retaining strip to hold the glass in the frame. The retaining strip is held in place with 23 gauge pin nails, which are so small they cannot be easily seen. One style point: When I designed the doors, I made sure that the rails (the horizontal members of the door) matched the rails on the side panels. See how they're aligned? I think it makes the unit look more cohesive, in a subtle kind of way. In the next post I'll cover the process of making the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment