Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hutch, Upper Unit

It's funny how life gets in the way of one's hobbies. I had to take a few days off my workshop activities to deal with a 13 year old vehicle that suddenly lost its
brakes. In between making brake lines, I was able to build the end panels, interior partitions, top and bottom of the hutch upper unit. Tonight, I glued the pieces up. It took several clamps to assemble the face frame to the rest of the carcass. Here's a side view, showing the framed panel. You can also see that I still need to put the back onto the carcass. This will get done by cutting two pieces of 1/4" oak plywood. Since the overall width of the carcass is 60" and the grain needs to run vertically, I'll cut one piece to cover two of the three openings, and one to cover just one of the openings. The seams will fall behind on of the interior partitions. I also cut a dado into the back of the side panels, so the plywood will fit flush with the back of the carcass.


No comments:

Post a Comment