Sunday, April 5, 2009

Jr's Coffee Table

Soon I will be working on Gary Jr's coffee table. It's supposed to be a college graduation present, so it's going to be a little late, almost a year in fact. Here is a picture of the table his table will be modeled after:


The table will be made from walnut, and stained so that it is darker than the table pictured above. Also, there will be a lower shelf on the Gary Jr. version of the table.

I bought the walnut wood for the table top back in January, but needed thicker stock for the legs. So I made the trip to Bath NY. There is a guy down there who runs a small logging and sawmill operation. And he has some really nice walnut. I called in advance to make sure he had some thicker walnut stock available. I bought two really nice 2" thick slabs of walnut:




The next thing I will do is make a prototype leg before trying it on the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment